Information for participating in the 2016 TUM DeSal Challenge
- The terms and conditions apply to the event of the TUM DeSal Challenge event and are recognized as binding through registration.
- Participation is open to teams of secondary school students with an average age of at least 15 years, teams of university students and professionals with a maximum of 5 years of work experience. Professionals must submit proof of their educational qualifications. Teams are limited to 6 members plus one team leader.
- Minors (under 18 years of age) require parental consent to participate in the competition.
- Each team develops a project description that must be submitted by the application deadline. Each team must identify the team leader who is also the contact for the event organizer. For secondary school student teams, this person must be a teacher.
- From the project descriptions that are handed in, a maximum number of 15 project ideas will be selected for the participation on the competition. The independent jury comprises 7 members. The decision of this committee may not be contested and the judges’ decision is final.
- The organizer of the event has the right to publish in any media outlet the names of the participating teams, their team members, team leaders and origin, as well as the the type and nature of each plant. Further publications, which are subject to data protection laws, require the written approval of those affected.
- The selected teams build the plant as outlined in the project description and present it at the 2016 TUM DeSal Challenge. The individual teams compete in the six categories.
- When using storage systems, the water volume will be measured before and after the competition.
- Commercially-available plants are excluded from the competition.
- If the plant relies on a commercial application, TUM and the author share the copyright equally.
- Participants must agree to the terms and conditions as outlined in the competition agreement.